Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Taking a moment to give thanx

I know I can't be the only one
but life has a way of making you forget whats important
like takin a minute and giving praise to the man upstairs
for all the blessings we have.

You ask God to increase your territory and bless you with more
and then forget where you got it. You get wrapped in the work you are doin instead of Praise The Lord uplifting His kingdom.
Myself I am the chairman of the Media Outreach Ministry (the sound ministry), Co-Chair of The Publicity Ministry and lay out the monthly newsletter for the church as well as being the Secretary of The Men's Ministry.
As you can imagine its keeps me busy but every now and then I tend to complain my professional life isnt as successful as I would like it to be. So I spend all day and night tryna get things flowing the way i think they should instead of simply giving thanx for all I have. I tend to chase that dollar instead of putting in Gods hands.

Once I finally stop chasing the almighty dollar, God has been blessing me with all I need to do what I do. Even then we tend to forget where it all comes from and attempt to take credit for it ourselves.
While it taken me awhile to learn but now now matter whats goin on in my life I give credit and thanx to teh man upstairs. The titles in church dont mean anything, I am just the instrument God is using to do His work.
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

That concludes this latest rant, no matter how bad things look understand there are alot of people worst off than you and no matter how busy you get never forgive to take momenmt to give thanx

No comments: