Monday, February 27, 2006

HEZEKIAH WALKER AND GAY AFFAIR STORY - FALSE

FOR THE RECORD THIS IS FALSE
THE SITE IS APOLOGIZING AND I QUOTE "We at musicnewsweekly.com deeply apologize to the family, friends, congregation and Pastor Hezekiah Walker, for allowing ourselves to be pawns of a totally false story that was confirmed by mediatakeout.com. As the founder, I am deeply hurt of the lack of integrity and respect I have allowed to come through Music News Weekly against Pastor Walker. "
http://www.musicnewsweekly.com/index.php/C1/

CLICK ON THAT LINK TO CONFIRM YOURSELF

AND I PRAY ALL OF YOU WHO SO EAGER HELP SPREAD THIS WILL AS EAGERLY AND AS QUICKLY FOWARD THIS EMAIL AND UNDO SO OF THE DAMAGE

By: Tim Hunter, Founder
We at musicnewsweekly.com deeply apologize to the family, friends, congregation and Pastor Hezekiah Walker, for allowing ourselves to be pawns of a totally false story that was confirmed by mediatakeout.com. As the founder, I am deeply hurt of the lack of integrity and respect I have allowed to come through Music News Weekly against Pastor Walker. I was given the opportunity to discuss this matter directly with Pastor Walker and offer my sincere apologies for allowing such a terrible thing to take place. In doing so, it was clear to see the strength of god in the middle of total evil.
Pastor Walker, in total wholeness, accepted my apologies. For those that don’t understand how powerful that is, let me offer a deeper look at what this man has suffered because of this story. Pastor Walker is man who built a reputation of solid integrity and respect, worked very hard for all that he has, and inspires many through song and word. A man who speaks to uplift and does so with his own actions. But, one story, which was derived most likely from one sick individual, almost caused destruction to all that he has built. A great many people are familiar with Pastor Walker in all that he truthfully represents. Thanks to a young lady within his church named Nicollette, I was able to dig deeper to find what everyone else already new. Pastor Walker is a HETEROSEXUAL MALE who was the chosen victim of total stupidity on behalf of many.
As for myself, through the shame that goes with the territory, express the fact that I am very apologetic to all. I find it very troubling that this fictional story caught my attention and that of other media outlets, but the Pastor Walker program dedicated to influencing gang members from Bloods & Crips to turn in their guns went unheard. I now see this as a blessing and opportunity to actually tell the story of a man and some of the great things about him. We will do a profile story on Pastor Hezekiah Walker and let the world read about his real life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you
I knew it couldn't be true
or should I say I knew it wasn't true

Thank you again
I will send a link out to all in my address book

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with your rant! It is so sad as the article states that you don't hear about the positive things that a person does, but soon as some dirt surfaces it is all over town before anyone checks to see if it is true. My husband even told me the 98.7 Kiss had someone on the radio to say the story was true. We have to stop digging for dirt and recognize accomplishment, especially within "our" community!

AJ WOODSON said...

I feel ya Pharoh
and respect your opinion
but once again even if it is true
we should pray for the brother and not further spread the rumor and smear his name

and sometimes we need to pay more attention to the message and less to the messenger

thanx anonymous
we do have to stop diggin up dirt and recognize accomplishment in our community and 98.7 Kiss hasn't been the same sime Emmis Broadcasting brought the station truthfully