Saturday, December 06, 2008

Parliament Funkadelic- The Mothership Connection Live 1976

What's up peoples it's ya man da A to da J, AJ ROK, da professional hip-hop junkie comin' to ya live. From time to time I'm gonna drop a dime and school you to somethin' I'm feelin'. Before I get started I just wanted to let you know about.... wait what's that noise, where is that disturbance comin'from... hold up ladies and gentlemen, seems like we experiencing technical difficulties... excuse me who are you and what do you want.......

Good evening.

Do not attempt to adjust your radio, there is nothing wrong.
We have taken control as to bring you this special show.
We will return it to you as soon as you are grooving.
Welcome to station WEFUNK, better known as We-Funk,
Or deeper still, the Mothership Connection.
Home of the extraterrestrial brothers,
Dealers of funky music. P.Funk, uncut funk,
The Bomb. Coming to you directly from the Mothership
Top of the Chocolate Milky Way, 500,000 kilowatts of P.Funk-power.
So kick back, dig, while we do it to you in your eardrums.
And me? I'm known as Lollipop Man, alias the Long-Haired Sucker.
My motto is: Make my funk the P.Funk I want my funk uncut...

Ok now that I have control of the station again, Let ya friendly neighborhood hip-hop junkie set the stage for ya, paint ya a picture if you will!
It’s Halloween Night, October 31, 1976. ‘Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off The Sucker)’ their first top 5 R&B hit was doin’ just that on commercial radio not just getting heavy rotation but every rotation. Parliament Funkadelic was like five dates into their tour… And The Mothership Lands in The Houston Summit!
George Clinton, Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell and the rest of the P-Funk Collective in their 1970’s prime take the stage and bless the crowd with their cosmic brew on interplanetary funk!
Giving you get a rare opportunity to get your proper dose of The P-Funk in this seldom-seen performance. No tricks here, just straight treats for 85 minutes. No self-respecting P-Funk fan should be without and young heads can get a taste of one of the biggest contributors to hip-hop outside of James Brown! Now if that ain't enuf, George Clinton, Dr Funkenstein himself calls back up Bootsy and The Rubberband and Sly And The family Stone who all performed earlier back up to the stage and the collective continue Funkin' For Fun which is the highlight of the DVD.
You can keep da chocolate and the candy corn…
MAKE MY FUNK THE P- FUNK, I wants to get FUNKED UP!
Ya Heard!!!!

No comments: