Friday, January 20, 2006

NON SMOKING PLEASE!!!!


Smoking or Non Smoking?
Well I'm proud to announce as of 15 days ago, I will be answering that question non smoking.
Yes that's right with much prayer and will power I have given up smoking.

I've been smoking on and off since I was 14 and
on Feb 5th both the Superbowl and I will be 40 years old or XL,
so needless to say It was a long time coming and is a really big deal.

The first few days I tried to eat everything in sight. But quickly switched to fruit bowl and granola bars instead of potato chips (the junk food of choice, my guilty pleasure)
The biggest challenge is trying to find something to do with your hands. I find drinking a lot of water helps very much.

Anyway long story short, one of the things that I have realized since I've stopped smoking is, that cigarette smoke was covering and masking a lot of orders in the world. Man I can small everything so much better which is not always a good thing. I don't care what everyone says, sometimes the smoke was a much better smell.

Another thing I can actually taste my food much better and I find myself not sleeping as heavy as I used to.
some say the first 48 hours are the worst ( I can attest to that, it was a little rough) others say it takes 33 days to fully drop the habit. I will let you know how I'm doin with the smoking thing from time to time.
The one thing I do know is I couldn't have done it without Gods help.
Thank You Lord for delivering from the addiction of nicotine!

Have a blessed day!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats

I stopped smoking 5 years ago
the first 48 hours are the hardest

and after the first 33 days
u should be over the hump

NegroPino™ said...

Good luck with that..Stay FOCUSED!!!!

chase said...

I started smoking when I was 16/17, when I was 26 and pg with my daughter, I quit, but soon after started again when my sister was killed. I stopped when my daughter was 5, and didn't smoke again until this past May when I moved into my new house. I was so lonely during the day, I would go outside and have a smoke. I probably smoke 1 cig a day, if that and a pack lasts me almost a month, but I still need to stop. I could never smoke like I used to because neither my bf or my daughter (now 13) would approve, they would probably both strangle me.

when i first quit it was like the things you hear about people coming off dope, I was sick, I had a fever, I threw up. These cigs are as bad as any drug.

I know you can do it AJ, as I'm going to stop as well. They say lots of water and believe it or not eating oranges (or any type of vitamin c) helps suppress the nicotine cravings.

blessings.

AJ WOODSON said...

thank u, the first 48 hours were the hardest that true blak...

thanx missy...

and Chase I have been drinking lots of water and it has helped, didnt know about the oranges but I just brought a bag of them this weekend from teh supermarket and i will see if that helps

for my the cravings have been fading but its the habit, it was a habit to smnoke after eating, after sex, while talking business on the cell, etc..

I find myself thinkin about goin outside to smoke out of habit and then remmeber oh yeah thats right I dont smoke anymore

Today is day 18

Anonymous said...

You go AJ - I m so proud of you!


Much Love,
Tachelle
Femmixx.com/Founder

AJ WOODSON said...

THANX
TACHELLE

I JUST PUT IT IN GODS HANDS